Not long until Mother’s day – sunflowers are the perfect gift for mother’s day to make her feel special so get planting!
It’s super easy to do and as the sun is finally beginning to shine again, it is the perfect time of year to start planting flowers!
All you will need for this is:
- A packet of sunflower seeds
- A couple of small plant pots (3-4 inches deep)
- Large plant pots to transfer them into when they grow too big for the smaller pots
- Lots and lots of water
- Fill your small pots with compost. Make a small hole in the middle of the compost with a pencil or your finger. It should say how deep the hole has to be on the seed packet, but about 2.5cm should be fine.
- Cover the seed with compost and give it a splash of water.
- Leave the planted seeds in a warm place like a windowsill with lots of sunlight.
- Continue to water the seeds regularly and when the plants have grown too big for the original plant pots, transfer them into bigger pots. If you prefer you can put them straight into the garden soil.