- Gently tidy the weeds around the borders of your garden, but resist the urge to have a total spring clean.
- Now is the ideal time to give your lawn an autumn treatment. Feed and moss killer used now will help keep the lawn healthy through the winter months.
- Clean the greenhouse. Time to remove the summer crops, so clear it out, scrub the windows, wipe the benches and sweep the floors.
- Prepare your soil for next year. Dig in as much compost, manure and other nutritious materials as possible to give next year’s crops the best start.
- Still a great planting month for container grown shrubs, trees, fruit bushes, perennials and bulbs, so don’t delay.
Make sure you sign up for the Bridgford Times to receive even more helpful home and garden hints and tips that can make a house your home.