If you have a lot of apples and blackberries to use up from your recent harvest, here is the perfect (and extremely delicious) apple and blackberry crumble recipe.
Serves: 5-6 people
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 – 50 mins
- 400g apples, peeled, corked and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 300g blackberries
- 140g self-raising flour
- 175g butter, cut into small pieces
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g porridge oats
How to cook:
- Make the topping
- Add flour into a bowl and rub in the butter so it forms into crumbs (shake the bowl side to side to move any big lumps to the top)
- Stir in the sugar and porridge oats.
- Leave to one side
- Heat the oven (180C/160C fan/gas 4)
- Put the apples and sugar into a saucepan with 50ml of water. Cooke and stir for 5-10 minutes until the apples soften.
- Stir in the blackberries.
- Tip the mixture into a baking dish.
- Scatter the crumble mix over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 mins until the topping is golden and you can see the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream/custard/cream…depending on your favourite.
- Eat and enjoy!
We would love to see your homemade crumbles! Upload them onto our Facebook page and we’ll share them with all our followers!